Alternate Program Manager
Job ID: 4691
CALIBRE Systems, Inc., an Employee-Owned Management Consulting and Digital Transformation company, is seeking an Alternate Program Manager for DOL TAP (Department of Labor Transition Assistance Program). The Alternate Program Manager is responsible for overseeing key headquarters functions as they relate to the DOL TAP project to include strategic program development, project control, plans, operations, data analytics and metrics, subcontractor management, personnel and hiring, strategic communications, training, and quality assurance. The APM reports directly to the Program Manager and assists the DOL Veterans Employment and Training Services (VETS) leadership team with executing tasks related to program operations.
- Program Management: Assist the Program Manager in planning, organizing, and coordinating all aspects of the TAP program, including workshop delivery, resource management, and client support.
- Resource Management: Manage and maintain program resources, materials, and information to ensure program effectiveness and compliance with DOL regulations.
- Quality Assurance: Ensure the quality and consistency of program services by monitoring and evaluating program activities and making improvements as necessary.
- Team Collaboration: Collaborate with program staff and external partners, including military installations, to enhance program effectiveness and meet the needs of participants.
- Regulatory Compliance: Stay informed about DOL regulations and guidelines related to transition assistance programs and ensure program compliance.
- Data Collection and Reporting: Maintain accurate records, track program metrics, and prepare reports on program performance and outcomes as required by DOL.
- Develop mitigation strategies and communicate with DOL counterparts on any risks, issues, or items for concern
- Maintain communications and situational awareness of all program operations
- Participates in weekly, monthly and semi-annual update meetings with DOL VETS
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Strong analytical skills
- Develop standard operating procedures and process guides
- Understanding of simplified acquisition and formal contracting policies and procedures
- Proficiency in procurement, accounting and financial management
- Knowledge of military culture and experience working with military personnel is a plus.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time-management abilities.
- 10 or more years managing small to medium teams
- 5 or more years managing multiple projects or a large global project similar in scope, experience with project planning and managing project scope, schedule, and budget
- PMP or similar demonstrated experience
- Demonstrated experience with project planning and managing project scope, schedule, and budget
- Experience managing and planning military transition programs
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited school by a national or regional accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education
Master’s Degree from an accredited school by a national or regional accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education