Senior Budget Analyst - Ft. Meade, MD
Ft. Meade, Maryland
Job ID: 4681
CALIBRE Systems, Inc., an employee-owned Management Consulting and Digital Transformation company, is seeking a Senior Budget Analyst to assist both the Defense Working Capital Fund (DWCF) and General Fund operations for the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA). The Budget Analyst shall provide financial, functional, technical, audit and analytical support, along with identifying areas of improvement within the financial management functions of the DISA. Position will be located in Ft. Meade, MD.
This support includes, but is not limited to:
- Perform budget functions involving the formulation, justification and/or execution of budgets for organizations, programs or projects.
- Assist in preparing portions of the command, agency, or Presidential Budget from various sources of information, classified and unclassified, and required supporting justification.
- Attend briefings and conferences to assist in justifying and defending budget estimates.
- Review documents and analyze the value of stabilized rates and the relationship between customer budgets, readiness, actual cost, and cost recovery.
- Providing assistance with constructing prices for services that can be fully supported and defended through the budget cycle.
- Assist in capturing how prices are built on rates that fully recover all costs.
- Analyze Agency trends and developments in planning, programming, budget and execution processes concerning appropriations, funding priorities and workload management which supports overall program operations.
- Provide financial management and reconciliation support for DISN programs and associated process improvement support.
- Review procedures and processes on financial management issues; audit and inspection assistance; identifying interrelationships (dependencies on other organizations); analyzing system reporting capabilities and interfaces; identifying problem areas; and analyzing costs.
- Documenting process improvement recommendations and producing desktop standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Must be able to collect, organize, analyze, and translate data into useful automated information for dashboards and reports.
- Must be able to effectively and efficiently coordinate the use of business information technology and resources, improve process performance, and recommend strategies to meet customer information objectives.
- Must be able to comply with SOPs and update these procedures as required.
- Assist in the reviews of internal and external audit agencies.
- Working knowledge of Department of Defense (DoD) financial databases and processes.
- Ability to work with multiple stakeholders and multi-task.
- Proficient oral and written communications skills.
- Proficient organizational and customer service skills.
- Active Secret Clearance required.
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in the related field.
- Certified Defense Financial Manager (CDFM) credential or Level III DoD Financial Management Certificate or industry equivalent required.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field.