Program Manager and Deputy Program Manager
Job ID: 4631
CALIBRE, an employee-owned Management Consulting and Digital Transformation Company, is looking for a highly motivated Program Manager to join our team supporting a Federal client at the MDA Redstone Arsenal, Huntsville, AL
Duties and Responsibilities
- Serves as the contractor's primary interface with the Governments Contracting Officer, Government Contracting officer's Representative (COR), and Government Technical Monitor.
- Responsible for formulating and enforcing work standards, assigning contractor schedules, reviewing work discrepancies, supervising contractor personnel, and communicating policies, purposes, and goals of the organization to subordinates.
- Manage the development and preparation of proposals for the program and serve as the primary contact to respond.
- Determines the necessary schedules for proposal submittal, proposal preparation, pricing, and review the proposal for responsiveness to the program's requirements.
- Establishes budgets, forecasts, manpower, equipment, and supply needs for assigned area of responsibility.
- Designs, conducts and/or facilitates the preparation of the efficient and effective program metrics, other reports, and briefings as required.
- Responsible for the overall development life cycle for the environment and the ability to manage complex projects on schedule and within budget.
- Work with customers, senior officials, engineers, and software developers to develop a strategy and road map that provides compelling and value-add innovations and new capabilities.
- Responsible for all staffing decisions, skill mix, and assessments.
- Instill best practices for Agile software development and corresponding documentation, ensure designs meet requirements, and responsible for delivering high-quality services.
- Formulate and enforce work standards, assign contractor schedules, review work discrepancies, supervise contractor personnel and communicate policies, purposes, and goals to the organization.
- Organize, direct and coordinate planning and implementation of all contract support activities.
- Be responsible for the business development within current customer base and/or for new customers.
Minimum education and experience requirements are based on a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in engineering, science, or other field relevant to the support for which the individual is performing.
*Additional related experience may be substituted for degree requirements: four (4) years related experience for Bachelors; seven (7) years related experience for Masters; ten (10) years related experience for Doctorate. Required certifications are included in the GLC descriptions.
- Active Top Secret (SCI) eligible clearance at the time of proposal submission
- At least 3 years of PM experience as a contractor
- At least 15 years of DoD experience in Information Management, Data Management, Cloud Modernization and Migration, Data Center Operation and Modernization, and Cybersecurity
- Excellent oral briefing and writing skills to engage with leadership at the SES or Flag Officer Level
- 5 years of experience with MDA as a contractor or GS/SES
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 15 years of Defense Industry Experience.
- Extensive hands-on technical expertise.
- Deep understanding of DevSecOps, automation and virtualization technologies, cloud architecture, containerization, storage, etc.
- Data analytics focus and firm understanding of digital transformation.
- Strong background of leading projects and teams.
- Strong business and technical vision.
- Deep understanding of a software development team and Agile framework.
- Exceptional customer relationship skills to include the ability to uncover true requirements, recommend alternative solutions and approaches, and lead engineering efforts that meet aggressive timelines.
- Self-motivated and comfortable with independent and team problem solving.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Excellent with Oral and Written Communications.
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex programs that include multiple subcontractors, material vendors, and demanding customers.
- Demonstrated ability to manage costs on a multimillion-dollar design and development program to include estimates at complete (EAC) and other cost accounting methods.
Desired Education and Experience
- Master’s Degree
- PMP Certificate