Senior .NET Developer
Job ID: 4599
CALIBRE Systems, Inc., an employee-owned management consulting and digital transformation company, is looking for a Senior .NET Developer to support a Federal client at the National Institutes of Health in Rockville MD. High level tasks for this position include:
- Analyze functional business applications and design specifications for functional areas such as finance, accounting, personnel, manpower, logistics, and contracts.
- Develop block diagrams and logic flow charts.
- Translate detailed design into computer software.
- Test, debug, and refine the computer software to produce the required product.
- Prepare required documentation, including both program-level and user-level documentation.
- Enhance software to reduce operating time or improve efficiency.
- Provide technical direction to programmers to ensure program deadlines are met.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work within an Agile/Scrum Team supporting multiple systems (.NET, SharePoint, SharePoint workflows) within the grants, administrative and clinical trial business domains.
- Work with Product Owner and Business Analyst to fully understand business requirements captured as Product Backlog Items (PBIs)/Bugs.
- Design, develop and test code based on PBIs/Bugs.
- Build new systems and maintain existing systems.
- Develop unit tests and system tests.
- Test systems for Accessibility/Section 508 and security compliance.
- Collaborate with Scrum team to determine the best IT solutions to meet client’s business needs.
- Work and support IT groups network, security, and user support teams.
Work performed shall occur in compliance with CDC guidance on maximizing telework to the extent possible, “Stay at Home” orders, and other related policies and guidance. At which time restrictions ease, or at the request of the client, staff must work from government offices in Rockville, MD. Currently staff are required to report on client site one (1) day per week therefore only applicants residing in the MD/VA/DC Metro area will be considered. All Telework must be pre-authorized.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 10 years' experience as a Microsoft Developer.
- Experience in information system design, including application programming on large-scale DBMS and the development of complex software to satisfy design objectives.
- Demonstrated skill designing and building custom .NET systems.
- Proficient with Agile/SCRUM software development methodology.
- Demonstrated ability to work within a SCRUM team over one or more sprints on a set of PBIs/Bugs.
- As part of an autonomous Scrum Team, ability to wear multiple hats and provide full software development capabilities for multiple operational systems (e.g., analysis, testing, training, help desk and other tasks).
- Work with Web application frameworks such as ASP.NET WebForms, ASP.NET MVC. Service frameworks such as WCF, Web API.
- Ability to communicate clearly with team members and business users.
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Candidates must be able to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
- Desired knowledge of DevExpress development tool suites.
- Desired experience with SharePoint custom development (e.g., SharePoint 2016/2019, SharePoint Designer, SharePoint workflows, Info path Designer).
- Desired Experience with Power Platform.
- Desired prior knowledge/experience of NIH business processes and enterprise systems such as NIH’s eRA/IMPAC II database and related enterprise applications.