Modeling and Simulation Aviation Analyst
Job ID: 4598
CALIBRE Systems, Inc., an Employee-Owned Management Consulting and Digital Transformation company, is seeking a Modeling and Simulation Aviation Analyst to collaborate with a team of analysts in the research, creation, modeling, and analysis of military systems to quantify the performance and impact of operational concepts and tactics. Utilizes knowledge of model-based system engineering (MBSE) to perform analysis to support requirements definition, mission effectiveness, system evaluation, and military utility assessment for a broad spectrum of missions including combat air, intelligence-surveillance-reconnaissance, and air mobility. The job is to provide support to the United States Marine Corps MAGTF Staff Training Program (MSTP) which provides training in MAGTF across the range of military operations, within the context of a Joint and/or Combined Task Force environment, to improve the warfighting skills, with the main effort of providing training and support.
- Create (new) and or modify (existing) and install databases for simulation systems included in MSTP exercises.
- Ensure the simulation system or federation technically supports the planned training exercise, advising on ways to prevent or work around technical difficulties.
- Prepare written simulation control plans for all MSTP exercises.
- Maintain and design simulation system Response Cell diagrams.
- Provide functional area expertise as an Aviation Instructor Controller (IC).
- Become Familiar with the training audience's OPORD to facilitate response cell operations.
- Participate in structured orders development and rehearsals to ensure an accurate representation of the training audience's operations in simulation models.
- Establish simulation federations and databases to accurately represent all forces and interactions.
- Conduct operational testing and testing to evaluate simulation database and parametric data (weapons, equipment, personnel, and complex asset performance within the simulation), including the OPFOR, and ensure that models are accurate representations of forces for exercises/training events/wargames.
- Provide training to the Subordinate Unit Response Cells (SURCs) on modeling and simulation procedures and workarounds monitoring adherence to these procedures.
- Recommend simulation event adjudications and mitigation actions to resolve simulation or event discrepancies during MSTP exercises.
- Report all events requiring adjudication (whether a simulation anomaly or operator error) to the Senior Controller (SC) or Simulation Control Officer (SCO).
- Inject, document and report on MSEL actions during an exercise.
- Submit Software Trouble Reports (STRs) and Engineering Change Proposals (ECPs).
- Submit comments on exercise issues and their recommended corrections for inclusion into the M&S after action report (AAR).
- U.S. Citizen
- Secret Clearance.
- Must be able to travel CONUS and OCONUS (Camp Pendleton, CA; Camp Lejeune, NC; Camp Courtney, Okinawa, Japan. Estimated travel is 15-25%
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent with three plus years direct relevant experience
- A minimum of three years of experience in aviation as it pertains to MAGTF operations.
- Strong verbal, written, interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Proficiency using MS Word, Excel, Adobe, and Outlook skills