EXELMS Aviation Analyst Exercise Planner
Job ID: 4597
CALIBRE Systems, Inc., an Employee-Owned Management Consulting and Digital Transformation company, is seeking an Aviation Analyst for the External Elements (EXELMS) section of the United States Marine Corps MAGTF Staff Training Program (MSTP) to provide support to MEF/MEB level exercise design, planning and execution. Candidates must possess a well-rounded background in joint military operations, understand how a MEF/MEB supports the joint fight, and a solid understanding of USMC and Joint aviation operations. The analyst will assume the section lead for the integration of air operations into scenario design and development and will be responsible for producing exercise planning products related to air operations. During exercise execution, this position will play a critical liaison role between the Higher and Adjacent Headquarters and simulated Air Operations Center (AOC). The job is to provide support to MSTP which provides training in MAGTF across the range of military operations, within the context of a Joint and/or Combined Task Force environment, to improve the warfighting skills, with the main effort of providing training and support.
- Supports scenario development and exercise design, determines required documents to be produced and establishes a POA&M for their production to support MEF/MEB-level exercises.
- Creates and edits documents, analyzes problem areas, and collaborates on feasible solutions.
- Attends conferences and meetings at the resident site and other locations off site; acts as the lead air planner as part of the exercise design team. ICW the training audience lead, designs the scope and method of training; correlates exercise and training objectives into observable/measurable training activities; determines information exchange requirements.
- Participates in and conducts reviews and structured walk-throughs of exercise design and training events, operation orders and plans, and JTF/component command level battle rhythm events.
- Acts as a critical liaison between the simulated AOC and the Higher and Adjacent Headquarters staff.
- Adjusts work hours as necessary to support extended work hours in support of 12 to 24-hour continuous operations during events.
- Performs research of operational concepts and plans; conducts analysis of Air Operations processes, as required.
- Performs other duties as required of a Military Analyst and is prepared to assume the role of an event Observer, Trainer, Collector (OTC) to support the MSTP MAGTF Branch when required
- U.S. Citizen
- Secret Clearance. Top Secret with SCI eligibility desired
- Completion of an appropriate level of professional military education such as Command and Staff College or War College.
- Possesses detailed and functional knowledge of the Marine Corps and joint/combined Planning Process and Marine Corps and joint doctrine related to air operations.
- Senior staff planning experience in Joint Operations Planning Process and/or the Marine Corps Planning Process at a COCOM, JTF, MEF, Wing, or AOC supporting air operations.
- Experience writing orders in the USMC and Adaptive Planning and Execution (APEX) format.
- Knowledge of, and operational experience, deploying and employing aviation and/or aviation support units.
- Knowledge of, and operational experience, with military doctrine, tactics, and command relationships at the operational command level.
- Must be able to travel CONUS and OCONUS (Camp Pendleton, CA; Camp Lejeune, NC; Camp Courtney, Okinawa, Japan. Estimated travel is 10-15%
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent with fifteen plus years direct relevant experience.
- Experience with integrating air operations into USMC/Joint exercises.
- Basic knowledge of MAGTF Tactical Warfighting Simulation (MTWS).
- Strong verbal, written, interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Proficiency using MS Word, Excel, Adobe, and Outlook skills.