Federal Civilian Capture Director
Job ID: 4584
CALIBRE Systems, Inc., an employee-owned Management Consulting and Digital Transformation company, is looking for an experienced Business Development Director within our Federal, Civilian and Commercial (FCC) team to focus on winning new work to drive our Growth Operations in specific FCC market segments. The right candidate will serve as an integral part of a dynamic and growing professional organization lead by an accomplished VP of Growth. It's an exciting time to join CALIBRE in this leadership position as part of a dynamic, collaborative team while enjoying the benefits of employee ownership.
The Business Development Director is primarily responsible for applying the appropriate rigor and discipline to prosecuting our mature pipeline of opportunities giving CALIBRE the best probability of win. Additionally, we are looking for someone who is equally effective at leading key captures whether CALIBRE is a prime or a subcontractor team member. You will leverage your existing and build new relationships with key customers and potential team members. A comprehensive understanding of the competitive landscape will help to define key discriminators and develop compelling value propositions. Other key responsibilities include improving our probability of win for key re-competes and new business opportunities across the FCC market.
This role requires:
- An ethical approach to winning
- A comprehensive business acumen
- The ability to understand technical work scope and manage solutions development along with qualified solution architects and subject matter experts.
As a Business Development Director your primary focus is BD activities such as;
- Identifying new leads
- Meeting with prospective clients and teammates to identify key challenges and requirements
- Network with companies and customers to identify and qualify opportunities that match CALIBRE’s existing and evolving capabilities.
Other primary activities include:
- Develop sound account management plans
- Assemble strong customer engagement plans and
- Where appropriate, manage process driven captures
Your organizational and communication skills should demonstrate your ability build and maintain productive relationships at all levels internally and externally. Candidate must have a proven record of winning new and follow-on business in the FCC market. The position will report to the Vice President of Business Development.
- Prosecute existing pipeline
- Build, shape, and pursue new business pipeline for 2024 and beyond
- Lead Matrix Capture teams consisting of:
- Ops, HR, Pricing, contracts, subcontracts, SMEs, Proposal, and others
- Be an effective leader with a track record of winning new business with Federal, Civilian and Commercial clients
- Work across organizational lines to develop winning bids and handle teaming, brief senior leadership
- Participate in the development and finalization of all Non-Disclosure (NDA’s) and Teaming Agreements (TA’s) and work scope/share discussions
Applicants selected will be subject to a background check and/or government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access
- A current SECRET clearance preferred and TS eligible a plus
- Must have thorough knowledge of federal acquisition/procurement and contract management practices, to include understanding of the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR)
- Demonstrated-collaborative team leadership and team building characteristics:
- Empower, collaborate, and delegate when and where necessary, while remaining personally accountable for the overall business development activities
- Knowledge and understanding of all contract types/vehicles as well as the various requests for sources sought information and proposals
- Must demonstrate tracking and prioritization, assembling teams, developing winning solutions, and organizing and leading the pursuit process
- Possess and display high ethical and business standards
- Demonstrate superior written and verbal communication skills
- Be able to work effectively under stress and tight timelines, processing information quickly and accurately with superior attention to detail
- Trained in the Shipley Capture Planning process or equivalent process
- Ability to travel
- Possess computer skills with a high level of proficiency in Microsoft Sharepoint and Office, in particular Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint