St. Louis, Missouri
Job ID: 4568
CALIBRE Systems Inc., an employee-owned Management Consulting and Digital Transformation Company is seeking a Software Developer (Mid-level) will develop, create, maintain, and write/code new (or modify existing) computer applications, software, or specialized utility programs.
The Software Developer’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Analyze information to determine, recommend, and plan the development of a new application or modification of an existing application.
- Analyze user needs and software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints.
- Apply coding and testing standards, apply security testing tools including "'fuzzing" static-analysis code scanning tools, and conduct code reviews.
- Apply secure code documentation.
- Capture security controls used during the requirements phase to integrate security within the process, to identify key security objectives, and to maximize software security while minimizing disruption to plans and schedules.
- Compile and write documentation of program development and subsequent revisions, inserting comments in the coded instructions so others can understand the program.
- Confer with systems analysts, engineers, programmers, and others to design application and to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements, and interfaces.
- Consult with engineering staff to evaluate interface between hardware and software.
- Correct errors by making appropriate changes and rechecking the program to ensure that desired results are produced.
- Design, develop, and modify software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design.
- Develop secure code and error handling.
- Evaluate factors such as reporting formats required, cost constraints, and need for security restrictions to determine hardware configuration.
- Identify basic common coding flaws at a high level.
- Conducting vulnerability scans and developing approach for mitigating vulnerabilities in security systems.
- Conducting software debugging.
- Creating and utilizing mathematical or statistical models.
- Creating programs that validate and process multiple inputs including command line arguments, environmental variables, and input streams.
- Designing countermeasures to identified security risks.
- Developing and applying security system access controls.
- Discerning the protection needs (i.e., security controls) of information systems and networks.
- Writing code in a currently supported programming language (e.g., Java, Python, C++/C#, R).
- Managing data and performing data ingest to relational and NoSQL databases (Microsoft SQL Server, Apache Kafka.
- Designing secure test plans (e. g. unit, integration, system, acceptance).
- Using Public-Key Infrastructure (PKI) encryption and digital signature capabilities into applications (e.g., S/MIME email, SSL traffic).
- Developing applications that can log and handle errors, exceptions, and application faults and logging.
- Using code analysis tools (HP Fortify Static Code Analysis and Software Security Center, WebInspect).
- Performing root cause analysis and incident investigation.
- Applying cybersecurity and privacy principles to organizational requirements (relevant to confidentiality, integrity, availability, authentication, non-repudiation).
- Proficient with source control tools (Git)
- Proficient in Integrated Development Environments (Eclipse, Visual Studio, JupyterLab)
- Proficient with Agile tools
- Proficient with CI/CD pipelines
- Proficient with AWS CLI and services
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office suite
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- US citizen
- Active Top Secret/Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS/SCI) clearance, eligible for Counterintelligence (CI) Polygraph.
- IAT Level 2 certification.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited college or university in Computer Science, Cyber Security, Information Technology, Software Engineering, Information Systems, or Computer Engineering degree; or a degree in a Mathematics or Engineering field.
- Available for possible travel within the Continental United States (CONUS) and Outside CONUS (OCONUS).