Senior Transmitter Engineer
Job ID: 4442
CALIBRE Systems, Inc., an employee-owned Management Consulting and Digital Transformation company, is seeking a Senior Systems Engineer.
- Provide operations & maintenance support for L-band and S-band radar hardware systems.
- Maintain, troubleshoot and repair various pieces of commercial amd custom hardware.
- Perform routine preventive maintenance procedures and runs system dignostic software.
- Lead and provide support for design and implementation of improvement and modernization (I&M) projects.
- Install new equipment; this may include and is not limited to field installation and testing, calibration, troubleshooting and acceptance testing.
- Provide technical input regarding system configuration and performance.
- Interface directly with external customers.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Familiar with L-band and S-band transmitter high power systems, RF transmission, switchgears, and RFI shielding practices.
- Strong understanding of electrical principles and design.
- Demonstrated ability to provide electrical design.
- Familiar with and able to operate standard electronic test equipment.
- Ability to read schematic diagrams, wiring lists, and assembly prints.
- Demonstrated working ability to complete electrical designs.
- Ability to properly trouble-shoot issues in the transmitter subsystem.
- Ability to direct a group of field engineers and technicians with frequent “hands-on” troubleshooting.
- Strong communication skills.
- Works will with others in the radar group, including management, to meet mission requirements.
- General knowledge of Analog/RF components such as amplifiers, couplers, hybrids, etc.
- Excellent Microsoft Office Suite skills.
- Familiar with Matlab software is desirable but not required.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or related engineering discipline.
- Master’s Degree in Engineering or related discipline is a plus.
- Two (2) or more years of related experience including field installation and testing, calibration, troubleshooting and acceptance testing of radar hardware systems.
- Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- The flexibility to work occasional non-duty hours or on weekends to support specific project or mission requirements.
- This position is accompanied.
- Must be able to relocate to the United States Army Kwajalein Atoll, Marshall Islands.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a U.S. passport
- Must have an active DoD Secret clearance, which includes U.S. Citizenship or U.S. naturalization
- Valid U.S. Driver’s License required.