Senior Transmitter Engineer
Job ID: 4441
CALIBRE Systems, Inc., an employee-owned Management Consulting and Digital Transformation company, is seeking a Senior Systems Engineer.
- Maintain and repair UHF and VHF transmitters to meet mission requirements.
- Work with technicians at hands-on troubleshooting of multi-megawatt transmitter hardware.
- Respond to failure events of the transmitter, 24/7.
- Work with all engineering disciplines and management to meet mission requirements.
- Strong understanding of electrical principles.
- Strong circuit troubleshooting skills and the ability to read and interpret schematics.
- Comfortable working with high voltage (up to 50 kV).
- Familiarity with floating ground systems.
- General knowledge of Analog/RF components such as vacuum tube amplifiers, RF couplers, hybrids etc.
- General software literacy. Microsoft Office Suite.
- Familiarity with and ability to operate standard electronic test equipment including spectrum analyzers and network analyzers.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent qualification in an appropriate STEM discipline.
- Masters Degree in Engineering or related discipline is a plus.
- Two to more years of related experience
- Experience with high power vacuum tube operation is a plus.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- The flexibility to work occasional non-duty hours or on weekends to support specific project or mission requirements.
- This position is accompanied.
- Must be able to relocate to the United States Army Garrison, Kwajalein Atoll, Marshall Islands.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a U.S. passport
- Must have an active DoD Secret clearance, which includes U.S. Citizenship or U.S. naturalization
- Valid U.S. Driver’s License required.