Lead Transmitter Engineer
Job ID: 4440
CALIBRE Systems, Inc., an employee-owned Management Consulting and Digital Transformation company, is seeking a Lead Systems Engineer.
- Act as the Transmitter Lead for ALCOR (C band) & MMW (Ka band) transmitters; provides technical support for all operations of the ALCOR & MMW transmitters.
- Provide design modifications and improvements for both ALCOR & MMW transmitters; this includes creating schematics and implementing modifications as well as directing activities of technicians and helpers to properly install these design modifications.
- Support maintenance efforts on both ALCOR & MMW transmitter; directs technicians and helpers to accomplish these maintenance activities.
- Perform testing and failure analysis of the ALCOR & MMW transmitters down to the component level; designs and implements corrective measures to prevent future failures.
- Maintain tracking and failure data for ALCOR & MMW high power RF tubes; issues periodic memos indicating spare issues and status.
- Maintain, operates and supports the MMW HV Test Stand to periodically test and evaluate MMW high power TWTs.
- Determine ALCOR and MMW transmitter spares requirements and orders parts as required; finds replacement candidates for obsolete parts and implements required design changes.
- Provide technical support to Systems Engineering and management for all ALCOR & MMW transmitter technical issues.
- Modifie and maintains documentation for ALCOR & MMW transmitters including but not limited to equipment schematics and manuals; verifies drafting changes to drawings and manuals meet engineering requirements
- Support the safety program to ensure a safe workplace for all transmitter personnel.
- Write weekly reports conveying transmitter developments and issues/problems to management.
- Provide email correspondence with tube vendors and other suppliers as required.
- At appropriate times, must make inputs about performance of junior engineers, technicians, and field engineers; possesses no hiring/firing authority but at times will act in a supervisory role.
- Solid knowledge of the fundamentals of transmitter architecture.
- Extremely knowledgeable on the use and operation of transmitter amplifiers to include: Klystrons, Travelling Wave Tubes (TWT's), Vacuum Tubes and transistor devices.
- High voltage design techniques.
- High degree of demonstrated ability to effectively use high power RF measurement techniques and perform high voltage troubleshooting.
- Design familiarity with switchgears, analog and digital control hardware and RFI shielding practices.
- Ability to work independently with limited guidance.
- Ability to assist in development of junior engineers and technicians.
- Ability to lead various disciplines in the completion of projects that may sometimes be technically complex.
- Full understanding of the unique safety issues associated with working at high power RF and X-radiation levels that are common in this work environment.
- Familiarity with software such as RSLinx, RSLogix, RSView, Matlab is desired
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or related engineering discipline.
- 10+ years radar transmitter experience including:
- High power RF measurement and high voltage troubleshooting.
- Field installation and testing, calibration, troubleshooting and acceptance testing.
- Allen-Bradley hardware (PLC-5 and I/O modules) or similar process controller experience.
- Hardware Design and development engineering.
- Mission Operations.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- The flexibility to work occasional non-duty hours or on weekends to support specific project or mission requirements.
- This position is accompanied.
- Must be able to relocate to the United States Army Kwajalein Atoll, Marshall Islands.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a U.S. passport
- Must have an active DoD Secret clearance, which includes U.S. Citizenship or U.S. naturalization
- Valid U.S. Driver’s License required.