Instructor / Facilitator (I/F) (AFMS)
Ft. Belvoir, Virginia
Job ID: 4318
CALIBRE is an employee-owned Management Consulting and Information Technology Solutions Company, looking for a qualified individual to serve as Instructor / Facilitator (IF) at the Army Force Management School (AFMS). The IF primary function is to develop and train/educate Force Management IAW TRADOC standards in support of AFMS.
The IF's duties include but are not limited to:
• Present instruction/facilitation for all AFMS courses in accordance with the principles and delivery techniques of the Army Learning Concept for Training and Education (ALC-TE).
• Serve as an AFMS SME in your respective functional area(s).
• Prepare lesson plans and other courseware (POIs, student handouts, slide decks, training aids, course management plans, content research, scripts and slides for Distributed Learning, etc.).
• Coordinate reviews of AFMS course content by external authorities and conduct reviews of other learning institutions’ curriculum for accuracy and currency.
• Provide mentorship for students and graduates of the AFMS. Engage in a lifelong learning approach to education.
• Write and coordinate assigned chapters for the How The Army Runs (HTAR) Senior Leader Reference Handbook.
• Write and maintain assigned chapters/sections for the AFMS Academic Standing Operating Procedures (SOP).
• Prepare research papers, white papers, functional primers, reports and briefings as required.
• Serve as Course Director for courses assigned.
• Conduct exportable training at locations throughout the United States when required
• Conduct synchronous and asynchronous distributed learning when required
• Must be a US Citizen.
• Must have a SECRET security clearance.
• Five to seven years’ experience in FM related processes and systems in an Army or DoD organization. Or Three to five years teaching FM related processes and systems in an Army or DoD organization.
• Must be able to travel.
• Must be able and willing to plan, coordinate, integrate, and prepare staffing actions at the high-quality standard of HQDA.
• Must be an expert in the Force Management Process within the U.S. Army and familiar with similar processes at the Department of Defense level. The candidate must be knowledgeable of recent US Army efforts concerning the Army Modernization Enterprise (AME). Additionally, the instructor / facilitator must be capable of teaching other areas of the How The Army Runs (HTAR) functions: Strategy, Capability Development, Manning, Equipping, Training, and or Readiness.
• Must be proficient at facilitation of a training and education session (Adult learning techniques).
• Ability to work in team settings, communicate, and collaborate with multiple organizations.
• Excellent oral communications skills.
• Excellent written communications skills with the ability to write papers and to grade written papers at the executive communication level.
• Excellent analytical skills.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Excellent organizational and customer service skills.
• Willingness to complete tasks as assigned.
• Ability to demonstrate initiative, multi-task, and prioritize to meet multiple consecutive deadlines.
• Proficiency with Blackboard and the MS Office Suite, especially Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint, and Microsoft Excel.
Five to seven years’ experience in FM related processes and systems in an Army or DOD Organization. Or, three to five years teaching FM related processes and systems in an Army or DOD organization.
• Must be graduate of CGSC or ILE if former military or commensurate Professional Military Education.
• U.S. accredited Masters of Science or Arts / U.S. accredited Bachelors of Science or Arts.
• Graduate of AFMS HTARC / AFMC or FA50Q course; graduate of CGSC / ILE (or equivalent professional military / civilian education)