Range and Training Lands Assessment (RTLA) Field Crew Lead
Ft. Drum, New York
Job ID: 4305
CALIBRE, an employee-owned management consulting and digital transformation company seeks a Range and Training Lands Assessment (RTLA) Field Crew Lead to support military training area rehabilitation and maintenance projects under the Integrated Training Area Management (ITAM) program for Fort Drum, NY.
Successful candidate will monitor and assess land conditions to provide information required to support land management decisions driven by commander needs for the training land support decisions that ensure and sustain maneuver training lands capacity, capability and accessibility. The candidate will conduct RTLA assessments that will provide the information required to support management decisions driven by commander needs for the training land. The RTLA Field Crew Lead will be responsible for up to six other personnel on a seasonal basis. The RTLA Crew Lead will Gather/produce information about vegetation and land disturbance in prairies and Training Areas to assist ITAM and Range Management Authority in land management decisions.
- Operate handheld GPS units with 1-meter capabilities, field and desktop ESRI ArcGIS compatible software, and the ability to obtain accurate GPS positions and troubleshoot devices.
- Create maps and analyze data requiring knowledge of GIS analysis methods, statistical techniques, and access to advanced ArcGIS software.
- Monitor invasive plant species
- Conduct maneuver trail evaluation to produce information about maneuver trail condition in land management and maintenance decisions
- Conduct trail condition mapping
- Gather/produce information about vegetation and land disturbance in prairies and Training Areas to assist ITAM and RO in land management decisions
- Bachelor’s Degree in Natural Resources or related field combined with a minimum of two years of professional work experience, to include a minimum one year in a leadership role and a minimum one year working on a military installation.
- A demonstrated ability to perform field work under severe environmental conditions and in rugged terrain, vegetation inventory, monitoring, and data collection in Northeastern North American ecosystems.
- Advanced knowledge of Northeastern North American plant species and communities
- Minimum two years experience using ESRI ArcMap 10.6.1 or higher, a minimum of two years of experience using ESRI ArcPad 10.2 or higher.