Sr Budget/Manpower Analyst
Job ID: 4297
CALIBRE, an employee-owned Management Consulting and Digital Transformation company is looking for Senior Budget/Manpower Analyst to support the Department of Army, Office of the Deputy Chief of Staff (DCS), G4. The successful candidate will provide analysis and recommendations in support of DCS, G-4’s G-48 Resource Management Directorate. The candidate will be able to provide creation of reports, manpower data analysis, data entry, and general administrative tasks; and must be proficient with data entry and analysis using Microsoft Office tools (Excel, SharePoint, Access, Word, PowerPoint). Other responsibilities include:
- Analyses at various levels of manpower staffing, trends and affordability across multiple years, utilizing Army databases
- Support the development of investment and resourcing strategies for SS PEG programs
- Assess the impacts of changing resource levels (e.g., Resource Management Decision (RMD)) on assigned programs and within coordination rules in effect at the time of the tasking
- Assist in the development of budget justification documents, strategic communication plans, and maintain and update leader smart books
- DoD Secret clearance required
- Must be able to effectively communicate with persons with different skillsets, backgrounds, personalities and authority
- Flexible mindset in shifting daily work priorities and goals
- Discipline to research and study the week’s areas of focus. i.e. Congressional RFIs or Senior Leader briefings
- Able to analyze data and ask the tough questions. i.e. significant increase in funding over previous years
- Microsoft Excel (pivot tables)
- Microsoft Teams (coordinate small group meetings, sharing your screen)
- Note taking, writing information papers
- Master's degree from an accredited institution. A Bachelor’s degree in one of these areas will be accepted if equivalent military experience is proven to the Masters Level.8+ years of experience working within DoD manpower analysis or related field
- Familiarity with the Planning, Programming, Budgeting, and Execution(PPBE) process
- Preparation of briefings and presentation to key stakeholders
- Familiarity with these databases: cProbe, cSustain, Task Management Tool (TMT)
- Knowledgeable on “current” budgetary policy, guidance and instructions to support the organizations mission and functions.
- Analysis of budget requests and execution of annual operating budget.
- Fundamental understanding of the difference between requirements (what they want) and authorizations (what they receive).
- Graduate from Force Management Course
- Prior experience working on the Army staff, preferably the Army G-4