FULL STACK DEVELOPER – Python/Django
Job ID: 4189
CALIBRE Systems, Inc., an employee-owned management consulting and digital transformation company, is looking for a Full Stack Developer using Python/Django to support our client at the National Institutes of Health (NIH), National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI) in Bethesda, MD. NCBI is part of the National Library of Medicine (NLM) whose wide range of applications serve more users and more data than any other US Government Agency. NCBI provides free access to petabytes of biomedical and genomic information with scientists all over the world using NCBI products, including PubMed, ClinicalTrials.gov, GenBank, RefSeq, and ClinVar.
We are seeking an expert web developer with knowledge and experience in modern web development, testing, UI design and usability principles, and ability to work effectively with user researchers, designers, product managers, scientists, security and DevOps engineers.
Principal responsibilities include the following:
- Build robust, performant, user-facing web applications in Python/Django supporting millions of daily users
- Develop, create, and ship new functionality for user interaction and scientific data visualization, using modern APIs and frameworks
- Work as an integral part of an agile product team to deliver an unbelievably great user experience
- Deliver responsive, accessible, mobile-friendly code of high quality (automated test/build/deploy)
- BS in Computer Science or scientific field (engineering, physics), or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of Full Stack Web applications development using Python and Django
- Understanding of accessibility and security compliance
- Experience with relational database modeling and data migration
- Experience with version control systems like Git or SVN
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and team player
- Experience using web services and RESTful APIs
- Familiarity with search engines and backends (Lucene, Solr)
- Semantic markup and modern web layout techniques
- Automated regression testing with Selenium
- Experience with agile development processes
- This position will begin with working remotely until it has been determined by the NIH that workers can return to the NIH campus. Any telework thereafter will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
- Position contingent on obtaining an NIH Public Trust and NIH badging.
- Vaccination Status: All CALIBRE employees also agree to follow any additional health and safety mitigation policies that may be required at the workplace.