US Army Base Realignment and Closure (BRAC) Environmental Coordinator (BEC)
Job ID: 4123
CALIBRE, an employee-owned Management and Technology Solutions Company, is seeking a BRAC Environmental Coordinator (BEC) located in Crystal City, VA, a selected client site within the US or a telework position (with some travel required). Work location is to be determined based on the successful candidate's location. Duties will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide environmental technical oversight for assigned sites
- Develop Installation Action Plans and supporting budget/program, as approved by the US Army Environmental Command (USACE) supporting initiation, modification, monitoring, validation, and closeout of the Environmental Service Cooperative Agreements ESCA cleanup efforts
- Coordinate site characterization and restoration
- Coordinate munitions and explosives of concern cleanup efforts
- Input to, and review of, Army Environmental Databases
- Develop exit strategies for environmental cleanups
- Interface with local, state, and Federal regulators and Restoration Advisory Boards
- Coordinate cultural and historical preservation requirements in accordance with the National Historic Preservation Act
- Recommend potential alternative uses for the property
- Support negotiation of property disposal terms and transfer for disposal of property
- Possess extensive regulatory knowledge in the areas of the environment, natural and cultural resources; general engineering and management principals; and extensive experience executing large and complex multi-disciplinary actions at Army installations being closed, in accordance with the regulations, policies and procedures of the Army BRAC program and associated governing law
- Comprehensive knowledge of the BRAC process as well as environmental laws and regulations, including Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act (CERCLA), Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA), National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA), National Historic Preservation Act (NHPA), Safe Drinking Water Act (SDWA), Endangered Species Act (ESA), and other pertinent environmental legislation and pollution prevention
- Experience with environmental investigations, remediation, emergency spill responses and coordinating cleanup actions for sediments in soil or surface waters, encompassing Petroleum Oils and Lubricants, Poly Aromatic Hydrocarbons, Polychlorinated Biphenyl (PCB), Dioxin and Furans, Heavy Metals, Non-aqueous Phase Liquids and Dense Non-aqueous Phase Liquids.
- Experience coordinating safe transportation and disposal of hazardous waste, and performing Best Management Practices and compliance operations for storm water, waste water, and pollution prevention measures.
- Experience with, and shall use the following environmental information management systems: HQAES, Defense and State Memorandum of Agreement Module (DSMOA), Army Financial Module, Repository of Environmental Army Documents Module (READ), and Remedial Action Cost Engineering Requirements (RACER) software.
- Possess knowledge and experience with the Military Munitions Response Program
Level of Education: Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science degree from an accredited university.
- Minimum of 10 years of recent experience (or five years of environmental experience with a Master's Degree); prefer minimum 5-10 years Department of Defense environmental experience
- Possess professional certifications, such as Professional Engineering; Registered Environmental Manager (REM); Project Management Professional (PMP); Professional Geologist (PG); or Certified Hazardous Materials Manager (CHMM)
- Experience coordinating actions with State and Federal Regulators
- Experience assessing the impact of the various environmental laws and regulations on property disposal actions
- Experience performing research, analyzing findings, and preparing reports, briefings, policy and guidance, and documentation deliverables
- Experience organizing office activities and tracking business processes
- Experience coordinating meetings and obtaining necessary data or requirements from multiple offices
- Experience developing and coordinating communications and meetings, and adhering to processes
- Strong organizational and records management skills and the ability to troubleshoot technical issues
- Possess excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite of products