Automotive Technical Instructor
Charlotte, North Carolina
Job ID: 4095
CALIBRE Systems, Inc., an employee-owned Management Consulting and Digital Transformation company, is seeking an Instructor that organizes and delivers automotive Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) technical training consistent with course content, objectives and delivery strategy. The audience for this training is entry and mid-level technicians.
The suite of courses consists of fundamental and intermediate-level technologies, as well as competency testing. Ability to deliver the suite of courses is developed through auditing, co-teaching, and then full delivery of each course in the suite. Instructor is responsible for maintaining the course through regular validation testing of workshop activities as new models and updated software in the diagnostic equipment will often change the intended outcome. Instructor will maintain up-to-date of subject knowledge through the review of Technical Service Bulletins and other relevant documents. For each course, the instructor is ultimately responsible for all classroom, workshop and vehicle setup, as well as takedown/restaging following the conclusion of the course. Updates course documentation on a continuous basis to ensure timeliness and relevance, maintains technical resource library, and keeps records of training activities.
Supports team and performs other related duties as assigned. May require ability to obtain government issued security clearance. Work generally performed in an office, classroom, or training bay environment. Instructor will be responsible for the delivery of OEM entry level automotive technical instruction to military veterans who possess a mechanical automotive technician background.
- Automotive technical skills; acquired through experience at retailer or independent automotive service facility or through a Technical College or similar training program
- Computing skills; MS Word, MS PowerPoint & MS Excel
- Good verbal communications
- Duties may include pro-longed standing, exposure to hazardous material, lifting up to 100 lbs, climbing up/down on vehicles
- Ability to follow Instructor Code of Ethics
The applicant will provide proof of:
- Seven to ten years of major automotive Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM), or National Automotive Technician Education Foundation (NATEF) certified vocational technical school instructor experience. OEM instructor experience is preferred
- Experience in small group instruction (12 students on average) in both a classroom and workshop environment
- Five or more years of automotive service technician or service advisor work experience at the OEM franchise dealership level
Preferred Education and Certifications:
- Automotive Certification from an accredited college/trade school or equivalent work experience
- Preferred Certification: Major OEM Instructor Certification (preferred)
- Preferred Certification: Major OEM brand master level technician certification(s), plus ASE Certified in A1 – A8