Job ID: 4065
CALIBRE Systems, Inc, an employee-owned Management Consulting and Digital Transformation Company, is seeking a Business Analyst to support a Department of Defense (DoD) client in Alexandria, VA and Monterey, CA.
- Support strategic planning efforts across designated DMDC program areas, to include planning analysis, documentation, communication, and recommendations in support of the client’s portfolio.
- Assess compliance of defense business systems (DBS) with applicable DoD investment management statute and DoD regulation and guidance.
- Prepare and assist in the development of business justifications, program of record and program management artifacts, comprehensive plans, programs, and special reports.
- Research, collect, analyze, and validate data to develop briefings, presentations, and formal responses to requests for information from Congress and other DoD Military Departments and other agencies.
- Prepare, document, and coordinate with internal and external organizations to support the processes in business capability acquisition cycle (BCAC)
- Analyze data assets and document authoritative sources.
- Provide programmatic metrics for making decision on effectiveness and efficiency of programs/projects.
- Perform analyses of DBS PfM and budget data
- Support investment management processes as directed by the client and DoD governance bodies.
- Coordinate investment management activities with the client and DoD governance bodies.
- Review and assess investment and acquisition documentation supporting the development of new DBS capability and provide recommendation(s) to client leadership.
- Prepare briefs and reports for client leadership.
- Maintain awareness of current investment management policies as established by DoD, Congress, and the Office of Management and Budget.
- Coordinate scheduled activities to complete program or project objectives.
- US Citizen.
- Possess Active Secret clearance.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or other relevant discipline; or equivalent work experience.
- Experience supporting the DoD IT portfolio management governance process.
- Experience performing IT portfolio analyses and providing subject matter expert recommendations for input to formal reviews of portfolios.
- Experience conducting programmatic analyses and evaluation of IT portfolios.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Minimum of two years’ experience with DoD portfolio management processes and tools such as DoD IT Portfolio Repository (DITPR) and DoD IT Investment Portfolio (DITIP).
- Experience with federal Capital Planning and Investment Control (CPIC) portfolio management practices.
- Experience supporting development of Out-of-Cycle requests for certification.
- Familiarity with the DoD budget process and tools, e.g., SNaP-IT, and DoD Instruction 5000.75, Business Capability Acquisition Cycle (BCAC).