Multiple Locations - Ft. Huachuca, Ft. Irwin, JB Lewis-McChord, Schofield Barracks,
Job ID: 3979
CALIBRE Systems, Inc., an employee-owned Management Consulting and Digital Transformation company, is looking for a full-time Education Counselor for the U.S. Army Soldier for Life Transition Assistance Program (SFL-TAP). There are positions located at Fort Huachuca, Fort Irwin, Joint Base Lewis-McChord, & Scofield Barracks.
The Education Counselor organizes, promotes and/or supports hiring and education events that support transitioning Soldiers and Family members as directed by the Contractor Installation Manager (CIM). One major function is to coordinate, publicize, and facilitate Accessing Higher Education (AHE) 2-day Track Seminars utilizing Army-provided curricula and training materials.
Specific duties of the Education Counselor include but are not limited to:
- Ensure that AHE workshops include all required content areas, adhere to class size requirements, are offered with sufficient frequency to minimize wait time, and ensure each student is given the opportunity to complete the on-line feedback survey prior to the end of the final day of the course.
- Provide individualized counseling and assistance to all transitioning military and family members related to the AHE curricula.
- Provide training to command/unit leaders on the AHE 2-day Track.
- Ensure AHE Track participation and Career Readiness Standard deliverables related to the AHE workshops are entered into TAPXXI (Army database of record for TAP processes and events) and DMDC TAP data collection system.
- Facilitate/instruct the AHE 2-day Track/workshop.
- Assist clients as needed by monitoring progress and notifying/encouraging completion of products (College/University application, etc.)
- Refer transitioning personnel to both on-post and off-post service providers.
- Provide instruction to clients on automated tools including TAPXXI and Kuder Journey (career planning and assessment tool).
- Facilitate the client’s transition from the military environment to the civilian environment.
- Assist CIM with delivering Commanders reports and notifying clients of eligibility to begin services while also notifying clients of missed requirements for AHE Track.
- Other duties: complete all mandatory Government training; safeguard PII; file records according to Army Records Information Management System (ARIMS); upload information into Interactive Personnel Electronic Records Management System (iPERMS) (after training received from the Government); and participate in sustainment training events as offered.
- Participate in marketing activities and employment events as directed by the CIM.
- Complete all mandatory Government training.
- Comply with the instructions of the Contract Installation Manager (CIM) to perform tasks.
- Work as a team with other transition support providers to ensure a world-class transition program.
- Strong verbal/written communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to accomplish the following: support transitioning military personnel, Army Civilians, and Family Members with separation briefings, conduct training to support AHE track, college/university application critiques, interview support, etc.; learn and use TAP XXI system to assist clients; track client progress and assist with job fairs, employer days, and classroom events.
- Ability to develop collaborative relations and work as a team to deliver client transition needs.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Suite and electronic databases.
- Bachelor’s degree PREFERRED in Training and Development, HR Management, Counseling, or related field and minimum two years career counseling, education, or related experience.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Must successfully pass a background investigation (National Agency Check).