Multiple Locations - Ft. Huachuca, Ft. Irwin, JB Lewis-McChord, Schofield Barracks,
Job ID: 3978
CALIBRE Systems, Inc., an employee-owned Management Consulting and Digital Transformation company, is looking for a full-time Soldier & Family Assistance Center (SFAC) Counselor for the U.S. Army Soldier for Life Transition Assistance Program (SFL-TAP). There are openings at Joint Base Lewis-McChord and Schofield Barracks.
The Soldier and Family Assistance Center (SFAC) is a one-stop location built to equip and aid Wounded, ill and injured Soldiers who are assigned or attached to Warrior Transition Units (WTU). SFAC Counselors provide tailored transition and career assistance counseling to eligible military service members, Department of Army civilian employees and their family members.
SFAC Counselors serve as primary case managers for transitioning military service members assigned to their caseload. They manage cases from the time each client enters their transition phase (one to two years before transition date) through 60 days after transition date.
The duties for the TAP SFAC counselor are listed below:
- Provides the same services as a Transition Counselor (listed in following bullets). However, these services are tailored to all Integrated Disability Evaluation System (IDES) clients authorized to receive service.
- Notify eligible Soldiers of the required pre-separation counseling.
- Provide Transition Briefing to equip clients with required information regarding available transition services, and eligibility requirements for transition benefits, compliant with Public Law, DoD and Army policies.
- Schedule and assist clients for their initial assessments to identify transition goals, needs, relevant programs, resources and follow-on services.
- Schedule clients for TAP events and services.
- Support client in completing the deliverable for a Soldier’s gap analysis. Assess the need for follow-on services based on the individual’s objective and goals.
- Provide initial individualized counseling: available TAP services, discussion of individual transition goals and development of an Individual Transition Plan (ITP), Discuss continuum of service and enable users to ask questions, seek clarification and obtain assistance.
- Provide individual guidance on effective job search techniques, targeted resumes, interviewing, use of social media, networking, career exploration, etc.
- Support client in developing a resume of choice (federal or private sector). Review all resumes submitted by clients. Provide constructive feedback and additional assistance if the client needs to adjust a resume for a specific employment opportunity.
- Conduct regional outreach. Provide support for locally sponsored enhanced hiring events, job fairs, summits and virtual hiring events, Career Days and other approved program events.
- Ensure Soldiers are prepared for scheduled hiring events, job fairs, etc. Preparation includes development of a targeted resume or application package, Dress for Success advice, and interview and salary negotiation techniques. Provide on-site assistance for walk-in participants who are not adequately prepared for the event (e.g., not having a resume) using condensed version of services that would be provided at the Brick and Mortar transition center.
- Collect data and maintain activity records. Monitor and track client follow-on actions in a transition tracking system.
- Assist clients in the use of automated support systems and tools (e.g. DD Form 2648 eForm for CAPSTONE eBenefits, MyArmyBenefits.com, etc.).
- Assist employers with connecting their open positions with the transitioning service member population.
- Assist in set-up and break-down of classrooms in accordance with installation guidance.
- Work as a team with other transition support providers to ensure a world-class transition program.
- Comply with the instructions of the Contract Installation Manager (CIM) to perform tasks.
- Complete all mandatory Government training.
- Travel may be required in order to accomplish mission goals to include evenings and weekends with the ability to use all modes of transportation. Must be flexible to work non-standard hours as needed in order to properly serve and assist clients.
- Strong verbal/written communication skills along with needs assessment, individual/small group training.
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the field.
- Career development theories and techniques
- Employability skills, job search strategies and placement techniques
- U.S. labor market and public and private sector employment practices
- Current career resources and occupational research tools, including those provided by the U.S. Department of Labor
- Labor market and occupational information and trends
- Career-related assessment tools
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
- Ability to develop collaborative relations and work as a team to deliver client transition needs.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Suite, professional social media websites and electronic databases.
Required Education & Experience
- Master’s degree PREFERRED in Training and Development, HR Management, Counseling, or related field and minimum two years career counseling, education, or related experience. Bachelor's Degree accepted with additional experience.
- (Required or preferred – depending on location & number of TCs) Resume-writing certification through a recognized professional association or organization that specializes in resume writing. (National Resume Writers Association, Professional Association of Resume Writers and Career Coaches, Resume Writing Academy or equivalent).
- Two years of experience in Military lifestyle through personal and/or professional experience with Military personnel and Military Family members highly desired, along with in-depth understanding about the Military culture and the Command structure. (Alternatively, four years if non-military experience.)
- Demonstrated experience in conducting program evaluations and use of customer feedback to improve overall program effectiveness/impact highly desired.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Curriculum development experience is a plus.
- Military Veterans and Spouses encouraged.
- Must successfully pass a background investigation (National Agency Check).