Senior Logistics Analyst (GCSS-Army)
Job ID: 3971
CALIBRE, an employee-owned Management Consulting and Digital Transformation Company, is seeking a knowledgeable GCSS- Army Subject Matter Expert (SME) to join our team supporting the U.S. Army in Kuwait.
The GCSS-Army SME is responsible for providing unit subject matter expertise and support for Global Combat Support System-Army (GCSS-Army) across all functional areas. The candidate must possess operational knowledge and skills in GCSS-Army and be familiar with the Army Enterprise System Integration Program (AESIP), Army Readiness Common Operating Picture (ARCOP), and Logistics Information Warehouse (LIW) as well. The analyst serves as an on-site Point of Contact (POC) for the supported units for the command in Kuwait. The on-site support activities include but are not limited to, providing Unit/Staff with support by answering immediate questions, demonstrating and supporting hands-on usage of the GCSS-Army system, and reinforcing formal classroom training where skill deficiencies are identified by the Unit. The SME’s knowledge level and skills in GCSS-Army must be at a level that will allow CALIBRE to certify the SME as a Certified Solution Experts (CSE) in Wave1 Supply, Wave 2 Maintenance/Property Book, or a Multifunctional designation.
The SME will provide initial Help Desk operations to staff and supported units across the command for all GCSS-Army Plant 2000 and 2001 business areas (Property Book, Unit Supply, Plant Maintenance, and Finance). The SME will provide weekly and monthly reports on Help Desk operations, trends, and lessons learned during the on-site training and assistance provided to the staff and supported units. The analyst must have confidence briefing senior tactical and operational leadership and staff on GCSS-Army related issues and trends. The analyst must have knowledge of DODAAC portability and Data Cleansing processes in GCSS-Army. These duties include being able to assist and support Army units deploying/redeploying within the GCSS-Army solution. This support shall be supplemental to the supporting TSC and unit internal efforts, and in keeping with scheduled events. Tasks include but are not limited to: DODAAC portability, participation in planning meetings (upon request), monitoring and reporting the status of Data Cleansing efforts, assist with Unit-specific questions and issues for data cleansing, and the tracking of tasks/issues leading to sustainment of the solution. Primary responsibilities encompass all business areas and focus on data analytics, data cleansing, presentation development (slides/charts) and over-the-shoulder training.
The analyst will work as member of a highly qualified team of functional and technical experts supporting a Government client in a highly charged and fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated and responsible self-starter with solid supervisory and interpersonal skills. The selected individual will work all phases of dashboard and report development lifecycle including analysis, construction, and testing in support of the Sustainment Readiness Tool (SRT). The individual must enjoy working in a small team environment.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Training personnel in the use of GCSS-Army
- DoDAAC portability efforts in GCSS-Army
- Data Cleansing efforts in GCSS-Army
- Ability to use other DoD Logistics Management Systems such as AESIP, DST, and ARCOP
- Dashboard and report prototyping and development
- Data input troubleshooting
- Report creation and briefing
- Creation of reports using pivot tables and VLOOKUP
- Must have an active Secret clearance.
- Have 7 to 10 years of experience with Army logistical data in the GCSS-Army system.
- Certification or the ability to gain certification in GCSS-Army Wave 1, 2 or multi functionality.
- Must have a solid understanding of Army logistics data in other DoD systems such as AESIP, DST, ARCOP, and other logistical systems used by the military.
- Use of Microsoft products: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc…. Must be able to create pivot tables and use VLOOKUP extensively.
- Understand deployed Army structures and be familiar with Army policies.
- Good teamwork skills to interact with other members of the team.
- Ability to brief and interact with Army senior leaders.
Bachelor's degree in a related field. (Other education, commensurate experience and demonstrated ability of individual may be substituted.)