Senior Systems Engineer
Job ID: 3968
CALIBRE Systems, inc., an employee-owned Management Consulting and Digital Transformation Company, is looking for a highly motivated Senior Systems Engineer to join our team supporting a Department of Defense (DoD) client in Alexandria VA.
The Senior Systems Engineer’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Support DoD identity credential management systems.
- Perform requirements analysis, testing, and maintenance for application system components for large-scale and distributed systems.
- Assist in planning and coordinating large-scale, complex, or technically unique projects that require the efforts of multiple technical individuals.
- Maintain and update project documentation.
- Assist other members of the team in solving technical problems
- Mentor and provide leadership to junior members of the team
- Participate in improving the software development processes used on the engagement.
- Research tools and technologies and engineering solutions for emerging products, including conducting and documenting analysis of alternatives.
- Evaluate COTS hardware and software products for integration into complex desktop applications requiring biometric capture and credentialing solution integration.
- Minimum of five (5) years of software development experience for web application development using an object-oriented language (both frontend and backend).
- Minimum of five (5) years of database experience (Oracle 11/12g, MS SQL, and/or Postgres 12 databases) with server-side development.
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience designing and developing applications that integrate with Identity and Access Management Solutions.
- Excellent communication (written and oral) skills.
- Three years experience analyzing technical and cyber security regulations and requirements for hardware and software, applying that knowledge to product evaluation for integration into desktop and laptop products.
- Three years experience in: hardware/software lifecycle planning; managing enterprise-wide hardware test, selection and integration processes to ensure mandatory equipment is fielded without service interruption.
- In-depth knowledge of and experience with identity management COTS hardware, software, and technical requirements and regulations.
- Self-motivated individual that works well in a team environment, has the ability to learn quickly, and can effectively handle multiple task assignments.
- Ability to manage a geographically dispersed technical team.
- Experience with engineering change proposal processes.
- Knowledge of Federal and DoD Public Key Infrastructure technical requirements.
- Familiar with the DoD Identity, Credential, and Access Management (ICAM) Reference Design.
- Familiarity with Identity Access Management tools and products.
- Experience developing test plans and schedules based on system specifications and user requirements.
- Experience developing user documentation and user guides.
- Oracle Database Standard Edition or Oracle Database Standard Edition One
- PKWare SecureZip Standard Edition
- ActivIdentity Active Client
- Identix BioEngine Identification
- US Citizenship.
- Must have an Active Secret Clearance.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or other relevant discipline; or equivalent work experience.