VA TAP Benefits Advisor - Ft. Irwin
Ft. Irwin, California
Job ID: 3916
CALIBRE Systems Inc., an employee-owned Management Consulting and Digital Transformation company, is looking for a Benefits Advisor to support our client at Ft. Irwin, CA.
The budgeted salary for this position is $20.91 an hour plus additional health and wellness payment, as this is an SCA contract.
Conduct transition activities in support of the VA. Transition support includes conducting standardized VA Benefits and Services Briefings, one-on-one engagements, pre-separation counseling support, military life cycle (MLC) events, Capstone events, and warm-handover support. Serves as an entry-level instructor delivering established curriculum, training tools, and ensuring course content and delivery methods follow established training objectives.
Responsibilities may include:
- Executing non-event Activities at assigned installation
- Participate in weekly Site Lead meetings
- Execute quality management activities at assigned installation and across the program
- Deliver onsite activities and execute post-event data collection activities
- Travel may be included
- Understand and apply adult learning theories
- Understanding of transitioning Service member populations
- Experience using Microsoft Office suite of tools
- Strong customer management and support skills
- Experience delivering interactive workshops and training to live audiences
- Bachelor’s degree or 3 years’ equivalent work/military experience
- Preferred emphasis in Training, Education, Career Counseling, or HR
- Appropriate certifications
- Understanding of VA benefits programs
- Knowledge of the military and experience working with military clients
- Understanding of current veteran issues and challenges pre- and post- transitions