U.S. Army Office of Energy Initiatives - Financial Analyst
Job ID: 3855
CALIBRE Systems, Inc., an employee-owned Management Consulting and Information Technology Services company, is looking for a Financial Analyst to support the U.S. Army Office of Energy Initiatives (OEI). OEI is the central management office for the business case development and execution of large-scale (>10MW) renewable and alternative energy security projects with preferred financing through private capital investment. OEI uses existing Department of Defense (DoD) authorities, including those for power purchase agreements (PPA), enhanced use leases (EUL) and easements, to attract private capital investment.
Financial Analyst will serve as a part of the Finance Team that is responsible for analyzing project financials and identifying economic benefits for the Government and third-party developers through feasibility, Request for Proposal (RFP), contract negotiation, project award, and post-award stages. Further, the Finance and Economics Directorate is responsible for identifying alternate financing solutions to meet the demands of varying markets and installation requirements, to include but not limited to identifying and validating costs associated with resiliency. The finance team uses Business Case Analyses (BCA) to forecast expected costs versus savings, and where applicable, calculates the value of energy security/resiliency as part of the project.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Strong interpersonal skills to provide leadership to, collaborate and work with diverse team
- Strong communication skills to clearly and succinctly provide recurring and ad-hoc project updates and synthesizing information for key decision briefs.
- Demonstrates excellent writing skills
- Demonstrated success working in a fast-paced, project-centric environment
- Solid skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- 6 years of financial analysis experience, preferably in energy consumption, energy rates, life cycle cost analysis and tools
- Experience conducting the financial cost analysis and due diligence of large-scale renewable and alternative energy resilience projects
- Experience in the use of third-party financing
Preferred Experience / Credentials
- Secret Clearance
- Preferred experience working with Army and DoD executive organizations