Product Communications Manager
Job ID: 3850
CALIBRE Systems, Inc., an employee-owned management consulting and digital transformation company, is looking for a Product Communications Manager to support our client at the National Institutes of Health (NIH), National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI) in Bethesda, MD. NCBI is part of the National Library of Medicine (NLM) whose wide range of applications serve more users and more data than any other US Government Agency. NCBI provides free access to petabytes of biomedical and genomic information with scientists all over the world using NCBI products, including PubMed, ClinicalTrials.gov, GenBank, RefSeq, and ClinVar.
CALIBRE is seeking a creative professional to develop and lead strategies for product communication and market development, particularly for genomic and other DNA/protein sequence resources. In support of NCBI’s Customer Engagement (CE) program, which is the primary interface between NCBI’s external customers and NCBI development groups, the Product Communications Manager will work with product owners, product managers, and CE outreach staff to create and execute communication and publicity strategies for NCBI products. The CE program’s work includes planning and executing a variety of outreach activities including webinars, workshops, courses, conference exhibits, codeathons, and publicity on social media (NCBI Insights blog, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and LinkedIn).
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist product teams to identify target customer groups, develop publicity campaigns that target these customers, and coordinate work with CE staff to implement these plans.
- Review publicity campaigns for effectiveness and collaborate with CE communications and analytics staff to ensure that proper metrics are recorded and reported to product owners and management.
- Strong analytic research skills and comfort with data.
- Excellent project management, communications, and consensus-building skills.
- Ability to balance multiple goals and deadlines under resource constraints.
- Ability to incorporate and resolve conflicting direction from multiple management, user, and technical stakeholders.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate clearly, orally and in writing, with team members of diverse backgrounds (developers, subject matter experts, management, etc.)
- Strong organizational and time management skills, with an emphasis on initiative and follow-through.
- Work experience in molecular biology, genomics, and/or bioinformatics, desired.
- Experience with Web analytics, data visualization, accessibility, user-centered design, and usability testing, desired.
- Familiarity with Jira and Confluence, desired.
- Cloud platform experience, desired.
- Designing and leading publicity campaigns for public-facing web and data products.
- Planning complex outreach events, such as exhibits and workshops at large conferences.
- Working on large, cross-functional projects.
- Experience with social media platforms and analyzing performance of campaign content.
- Working on Agile teams using both scrum and Kanban processes.