Scientific Product Analyst
Job ID: 3835
CALIBRE Systems, Inc., an employee-owned management consulting and digital transformation company, is looking for a Scientific Product Analyst to support a National Institutes of Health (NIH) client in Bethesda, MD.
We seek a creative scientific professional who will analyze the current behavior and market conditions of online nucleotide and protein sequence resources, such as GenBank, RefSeq, and Gene, provided by the National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI) at the National Library of Medicine (NLM). Based on these analyses, the successful candidate will work with development groups to modernize existing resources or develop new resources in response to community needs.
Principal responsibilities include:
- Assess the current performance of existing resources using an extensive suite of in-house and third-party web analysis tools including Google Analytics, Google Big Query, and Tableau
- Develop new and improved methods for producing business intelligence from web analysis data
- Investigate the functional success of NCBI web sites in cooperation with usability testing staff
- Gather user requirements and concerns by participating in and compiling data from NCBI education and outreach initiatives, including courses, webinars, technical support, online surveys, user interviews, NCBI social media platforms, and exhibitions at scientific conferences
- Compile and communicate the results of these analyses to NCBI developers, stakeholders, and management to guide future design efforts
- Ph.D. in molecular biology or a related field
- Experience in online searching of scientific databases
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Familiar with UNIX/LINUX operating systems
- Fluency with at least one scripting language (e.g. Perl, Python)
- Experience with SQL, cloud computing, web design, and web analytics is desired but not required