Capture Director-Defense Growth
Job ID: 3802
CALIBRE Systems, Inc., an employee-owned Management Consulting and Digital Transformation company, is looking for a Capture Director, Defense Growth to focus on winning new work to drive our Growth Operations in specific Defense market segments.
The Capture Director is responsible for securing existing and winning new business opportunities across Defense market segments (ex: DISA, Army, Navy, Air Force, etc.) This role requires an ethical approach to winning, comprehensive business acumen, technical understanding, and resourcefulness to manage process driven captures, and internal/external customer relations-oriented individual. This position requires the ability to collaborate effectively with business development, operations management personnel as well as considerable negotiation skills. Candidate must have a proven record of winning new and follow-on business in the Defense market. The position will report to the Vice President of Business Development Defense.
The successful candidate assumes responsibility for developing opportunities and executing the overall capture strategy associated with an approved pursuit effort. Duties include orchestrating all aspects of the bid strategy including cost/price strategy and position to win, providing oversight of the development all proposal volumes, creating capture teams and fostering a culture of winning ethically.
- Build, shape, and pursue new business pipeline
- Implement, shape, and manage capture processes to win new business and achieve business goals
- Work across organizational lines to develop winning bids and handle teaming, brief senior leadership, and manage internal and external pursuit resources responsibly
- Have superb attention to detail and a strong grasp of Shipley processes
- Be a hands-on manager, and have a track record of winning new business with DoD/Federal clients, to potentially include B2B and partner companies
- Oversee the proposal management process and deal flow from inception to contract award
- Applicants selected will be subject to a background check and/or government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information
- A current SECRET clearance preferred
- Must have thorough knowledge of federal acquisition/procurement and contract management practices, to include understanding of the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR)
- Demonstrated collaborative team leadership and team building characteristics. Empower, collaborate, and delegate when and where necessary, while remaining personally accountable for the overall capture and bid effort
- Knowledge and understanding of all contract types/vehicles, to include IDIQ, GSA/GWAC, and RFPs, and fixed price, cost reimbursable, and cost plus requirements
- Must demonstrate tracking and prioritization, assembling teams, developing winning solutions, and organizing and leading the pursuit process
- Possess and display high ethical and business standards
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Be able to work effectively under stress and tight timelines, processing information quickly and accurately with superior attention to detail
- Excellent computer skills with a high level of proficiency in Microsoft Sharepoint and Office, in particular Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Trained in the Shipley Capture Planning process or equivalent process
- Ability to travel
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution is required
- A minimum of 7 years of business development experience. This includes, but is not limited to possessing extensive understanding of solutioning, competitive assessments, risk review triggers and processes, pricing, price-to-win, recruiting/staffing, teaming arrangements/workshare, and proposal development.
- Prior experience/service in the Federal Government and/or Military Services, or project management in IT services