Ft. Stewart, Georgia
Job ID: 3800
CALIBRE is seeking a Range Maintenance Support Technician . The successful candidate will be responsible for range maintenance in support of selected ranges and facilities at Fort Stewart, GA.
The technician maintains ranges and range facilities, repairs structures and equipment, performing one or more of the following tasks:
- Maintain range facilities using gasoline or diesel powered equipment to cut or mow grass.
- Conduct erosion control, trail improvement, debris removal, and vegetation control.
- Operate other implements to ensure range facilities are maintained to include lawn mowers, weed eaters and chainsaws.
- Maintain equipment at the operator level which includes conducting before, during, and after operations checks for serviceability, applying lubrication IAW manufacturer equipment manuals.
- Conduct in-depth diagnosis and repair of power equipment and other job related items and ensure equipment is turned in to higher-level maintenance for scheduled services
- Sprays lawn, shrubs, and trees with fertilizer or insecticide.
- Picks up and carts away leaves, branches, limbs, range debris, paper or other litter;
- Removing snow from walks, driveways, roads, or parking lots, using shovel and snow blower, spreads salt on walkways and other areas,
- Repairing and painting fences, gates, benches, tables, guardrails, and outbuildings.
- Repair maneuver damage using shovels or light power equipment
- Repair damaged concrete barriers
- Assist in the repair of roads, walks, buildings, and mechanical equipment, and may clean comfort stations, offices workshop areas, and parking lots by sweeping, washing, mopping and polishing.
- Repair and maintain job related equipment
- The work environment may include one or all of the following:
- Travel in Government and passenger vehicles and trucks, as a driver or passenger.
- Travel in military wheeled vehicles.
- Travel in vehicles on unpaved roads and off-road.
- Travel on public transportation.
- Field work in rough and remote terrain; in weather extremes such as thunderstorms, high heat and humidity, severe cold and wind.
- Field work in the proximity of unexploded ordinance.
- Field work in the proximity of military training exercises.
- Exposure to stinging and biting insects, ticks, spiders, venomous snakes, poisonous plants, spines, and thorns.
- Control and suppression of prescribed burns and wild land fires.
- Use of power equipment such as chain saws, weed cutters, wood chippers, trucks, road graders, bulldozers, loaders, excavators, etc.
- Loading, securing, transporting and unloading heavy equipment.
- Use of hand tools such as axes, rakes, shovels, brush cutters, machetes, saws, etc.
- Exposure to hazardous chemicals and pesticides
- Demonstrated 2 yrs experience operating a variety of power mowers and weed trimmers.
- Demonstrated 2 yrs experience troubleshooting, diagnosing and repairing small engines. This may include:
- Rebuilding carburetors, fuel pumps, cylinder heads
- Removal, disassembly, repair, reassembly and reinstallation of hydraulic system components and gear driven machinery components such as tractors, batwing mowers, blowers, riding mowers
- Demonstrated experience troubleshooting, diagnosing and repair light equipment electrical systems using common diagnostic equipment.
- Demonstrated experience in carpentry, plumbing, finishing to maintain range facilities
- Hold and maintain a Georgia Driver License
- Demonstrated experience driving medium trailers in unpaved conditions
- Ability to traverse rough terrain carrying loads of up to 50 lbs
- Complete assigned daily tasks unsupervised
- Complete maintenance and usage logs
- Additional responsibilities may include: performing vegetation control such as: bushes removal that can cause unsafe range conditions; conduct routine maintenance and repair all range firing markers and construct and maintain targets and target frames.
- Experience supervising or leading work crews to complete assigned daily tasks
- Experience operating of relevant medium and heavy equipment
- MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Work within a team environment to maintain efficiency.
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- High school diploma or equivalent. (Other education, commensurate experience and demonstrated ability of individual may be substituted.)