Lead Financial Analyst/Principal
Ft. Belvoir, Virginia
Job ID: 3778
CALIBRE Systems Inc., an employee-owned Management Consulting and Digital Transformation company, is looking to fill a Principal Contract position to support our client within the Comptroller Department, Financial Management Division. Responsibilities include but are not limited to supporting the Finance and Accounting Division with all aspects of accounting; financial reporting and statement certification activities; financial reconciliations; vendor pay operations; processing and maintenance of obligations; audit response and sustainment; financial and accounting compliance; risk management and internal control for the agency; and financial management and accounting systems.
- Accounting and financial reporting, record obligations, analyze and pay invoices in Defense Agencies Initiatives (DAI), and coordinate with DFAS and Treasury as required. Perform reconciliation activities, provide disbursement activity support, and resolve IPAC errors. Vendor pay operations
- Information Technology Financial Reporting and Certification Support. Review, analyze monthly compilation of trading partner information, reconcile, and identify variances. Knowledgeable and capable of assisting in the preparation of DoD IT Budget Exhibits development and DoD Information Technology Investment Portal/Select & Native Programming Data Input System for Information Technology (DITIP/SNAP-IT) reporting. Knowledgeable of the DoD Data Center Inventory Management (DCIM) System Information Technology Purchase Review Portal (ITPR); Enterprise Mission Assurance Support Service (e-MASS).
- Support DTRA’s financial audit response and sustainment. Assist with analyzing self-identified and auditor identified deficiencies, conclusions, and recommendations to formulate alternatives for corrective actions related to business processes, accounting, financial management, internal and management controls, and other CFO operations
- Risk management and internal control for the agency including reviewing best practices and lessons learned to make recommended improvements to the program. Support creation of risk management and internal controls training. Assist team to deliver the training. Provide quality assurance functions to include reviewing completed work for accuracy of data and information, compliance with applicable laws, accounting standards and regulations, and error-free documentation prior to submission to Government.
- Active SECRET security clearance required.
- Accounting and Audit experience
- Degree: Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s preferred
- Years of Experience: 10+ related experience
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) preferred
- Accounting and Audit Experience
- Department of Defense (DoD) experience desired