Cloud Solutions Architect
Job ID: 3739
CALIBRE Systems Inc., an employee-owned Management Consulting and Digital Transformation company, is seeking a Cloud Solutions Architect to join our team in Alexandria, VA. The Cloud Architect will design and develop a cloud platform that is robust, scalable, and modeled on defense-in-depth and inherent security to translate policy, mission, and technical requirements to the enterprise. Additional duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Map user and application requirements in order to provide system and integration guidance to a team of cloud-certified engineers.
- Contribute extensive knowledge of modern software development techniques and technology to design services that leverage leading technologies and architecture to produce services that meet customers’ demands.
- Responsible for implementing, managing, and monitoring the environment and deployments IAW DoD Business Enterprise Architecture (BEA) requirements. This includes the design and development of an automated DevSecOps Pipeline, CI/CD support infrastructure, and Data Validation Pipeline.
- Testing and implementation plans shall accompany all architectural designs.
- Manage the complete life cycle for all components with expert knowledge of technical design alternatives, including Open Source, and their implications by guiding the development teams in overall application technical design activities.
*This position will provide recommendations to both developers and engineers as necessary to ensure secure implementation of applications and assist engineers in the configuration of software and services. This position will manage system architecture, system integration, system standards, system design, and requirements specifications. This position requires extensive knowledge of DoD Laws, Regulations and Policies, and Army IT policies and directives to assure compliance. Duty location at the Pentagon will occasionally be required.
- Active SECRET clearance.
- Bachelor's degree in Systems Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related engineering discipline from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum 10 years related technical specialized experience in the design, development, and implementation of complex, large-scale, enterprise information systems including maintenance, modification, and resolution of errors; specialized experience in cloud platform deployment models, IAAS, PAAS, and SAAS.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ work experience designing, executing and supporting IT Cloud solutions, IaaS, PaaS, SaaS. Certifications: Certified Cloud Solutions Architect.
It is crucial that this position have an exceptional understanding of cloud computing technologies and computing trends and familiarity with enterprise architecture and enterprise application integration. The candidate should also have adept knowledge of data modeling best practices and practical knowledge of Agile Software development methodology. Cloud architects require expert knowledge of key security concepts as security is a major pillar in the cloud environment. The candidiate should also exhibit expert knowledge of data integration technologies and have experience with business intelligence/analytics implementations. The candidate should be proficient in evaluating current or emerging technologies to consider factors such as Security, Reliability, Performance, Cost Optimization, and Operations, 5 focus areas in cloud architectures; evaluating existing systems to determine the effectiveness and recommend changes to meet organizational requirements; establishing functional or technical standards to ensure operational requirements, quality assurances, and design constraints are addressed; collaborating with system engineers or software engineers/developers to select appropriate design solutions or ensure the compatibility of system components; critical thinking using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems. The candidate will be proficient with complex problem solving and be able to identify complex problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions, using analytical thinking and attention to detail. Must have experience architecting cloud solutions and thorough knowledge of System Development Lifecycle (SDLC).