Instructional Designer IV
Ft. Belvoir, Virginia
Job ID: 3737
CALIBRE, an employee-owned Management Consulting and Information Technology Solutions Company, is looking for an Instructional Systems Designer (ISD) to support Federal Government agencies in the National Capital Region (NCR). The ISD is a full time position.
ISD responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Implementing the Analysis, Design, Development, Implementation, and Evaluation (ADDIE) process.
- Develop POIs and other products in Training Development capability (TDC)
- Developing SOPs.
- Developing and maintaining distributed learning (DL) products primarily in CAPTIVATE and the Army Learning Management Systems (ALMS)
- Collaborating with other departments.
- Preparing for and participating in inspection / accreditation visits.
- Interfacing with Blackboard Learning Management System.
- Developing training materials for both instructor led and web-based learning opportunities
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in implementing ADDIE process within TRADOC or DoD.
- 3 to 5 years’ experience serving as an ISD supporting DoD school or commercial educational institution.
- 2 years’ experience working with courseware development tools such as Adobe Captivate, Articulate or other equivalent application
- 2 years’ experience with the Army Learning Management System (ALMS) and SCORM.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be able to obtain a SECRET security clearance.
- Excellent oral communications skills.
- Excellent written communications skills with the ability to write papers
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational and customer service skills.
- Willingness to complete tasks as assigned.
- Ability to demonstrate initiative, multi-task, and prioritize to meet multiple consecutive deadlines.
- Proficiency with Blackboard and the MS Office Suite, especially Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint, and Microsoft Excel.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Educational Technology or Instructional Design and Technology or related field
- Three years experience in the Army Educational Principles and Theory including implementation of the ADDIE process in support of an educational institution.
- Two years experience serving as an ISD with DL portfolio in support of an education institution or major program within DoD.