Senior Application Systems Analyst
Job ID: 3735
CALIBRE Systems Inc., an employee-owned Management Consulting and Digital Transformation company, is seeking an Application Systems Analyst to join our team in Alexandria, VA. Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Formulates/defines system scope and objectives.
- Devises or modifies procedures to solve complex problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operating time, and form of desired results.
- Prepares detailed specifications for programs.
- Assists in the design, development, testing, implementation, and documentation of new software and enhancements of existing applications.
- Works with project managers, developers, and end-users to ensure application designs meet business requirements.
- Formulates/defines specifications for complex operating software programming applications or modifies/maintains complex existing applications using engineering releases and utilities from the manufacturer.
- Designs, codes, tests, debugs, and documents those programs.
- Provides overall operating system, such as sophisticated file maintenance routines, large telecommunications networks, computer accounting, and advanced mathematical/scientific software packages.
- Assists all phases of software systems programming applications.
- Evaluates new and existing software products.
- Active SECRET clearance.
- Experienced senior-level System Programmer or System Analyst with an Bacherlo's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or Mathematics from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in computer programming, systems analysis, or systems engineering.
- Must have technical experience with PPB process and systems.
- Must have extensive experience with J2EE and web applications utilizing an Oracle database management system (DBMS).
- Knowledge of XML, Web Services and DBMS data access as well as extensive knowledge of database design and implementation is required.