Job ID: 3734
CALIBRE Systems Inc., an employee-owned Management Consulting and Digital Transformation company, is seeking a Database Engineer to join our team in Alexandria, VA. Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for the environment’s database layer.
- Coordinates administrative functions to ensure data is reliably available and access times are minimized allowing quickest access possible to data.
- Responsible for all interfaces into and out of the data layer.
- Responsible for API hub allowing data exchanges with internal and external sources or systems.
- Ensures applications can access data with minimum latency.
- Facilitates change control, problem management, and communication among data architects, programmers, analysts, and engineers.
- Establishes and enforces processes to ensure a consistent, well managed, and well-integrated data infrastructure.
- Analyzes and identifies data and metadata requirements.
- Defines user requirements and database design specifications.
- Designs, implements, and supports data warehousing requirements.
- Implements business rules via stored procedures, middleware, or other technologies.
- Provides product support and maintenance.
- Performs data warehouse design and construction.
- Prepares/implements data verification and testing methods for the data warehouse.
- Active SECRET clearance.
- Bachelors degree in Information Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Engineering or Business, or other related field.
- Must have minimum 5 years Data Engineering experience.