Senior Software Engineer
Job ID: 3732
CALIBRE Systems Inc., an employee-owned Management Consulting and Digital Transformation company, is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join our team in Alexandria, VA. Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Designs, develops, enhances, debugs, and implements software.
- Troubleshoots production problems related to software applications.
- Researches, tests, builds, and coordinates the conversion and/or integration of new products based on client requirements. Designs and develops new software products or major enhancements to existing software.
- Addresses problems of systems integration, compatibility, and multiple platforms.
- Consults with project teams and end-users to identify application requirements.
- Performs feasibility analysis on potential future projects to management.
- Assists in the evaluation and recommendation of application software packages, application integration and testing tools.
- Resolves problems with software and responds to suggestions for improvements and enhancements.
- Acts as a team leader on projects.
- Instructs, assigns, directs, and checks the work of other software developers on the development team.
- Participates in the development of software user manuals.
- Meets with stakeholders to elicit requirements, reviews design changes, and presents prototype demonstrations.
- Will be required on-site for the government on approximately one-quarter of the year.
- Active SECRET clearance.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or Mathematics from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in computer programming using the most prevalent languages.