VMware Senior Consultant - National Capital Region
Washington, District of Columbia
Job ID: 3677
CALIBRE Systems Inc., an employee-owned Management Consulting and Digital Transformation company, is seeking a Senior VMware Consultant to join our team in the National Capital Region! The Senior Consultant will be responsible for the following:
- Provide knowledge transfer, recommendation and documentation supporting customer current and future outcome requirements.
- Guide the customer and provide design for their environment that allows users to have a self-service portal.
- Guide the customer conversation and provide design for multi machine blue print for future phase build out.
- Provide support of L2/L3 understanding in a Leaf-Spine configuration of network infrastructure to VMware best practice using NSX.
- Deploy NSX and prep for vRA in a multitenant environment.
- Provide the understanding and knowledge transfer how virtual to physical network is used with NSX and physical uplinks.
- Provide the understanding and knowledge transfer how vRA network segmentation is used with NSX and virtual wires.
- Help customer understand VMware best practice in a multitenancy environment with NSX.
- Provide periodic reports/presentations to customers on progress of projects.
The Senior Consultant must meet the following requirements:
- TS or Secret Security Clearance required
- Horizon VDI or CLOUD Experience
- Vsphere experience and certification
- Desktop and Mobility experience
- Data center virtualization experience
- Minimum 2 years of experience working with VMware products.
- Hands-on experience with VMware products.
- VMware certification
- Cisco Certification (CCNP, CCNA)
- Must have a Security + Certification
- Knowledge of VMware capacity planning and best practices for VSphere, Horizon, and vSAN.
- Ability to troubleshoot resource contention (vCPU, Memory, Storage).
- Knowledgeable of vSAN physical capacity limits and optimization recommendation.
- Understanding of VLAN routing between L3 devices and VMware support configuration using NSX for vSphere / vRA.
- Experience writing/revising technical documents for customers and providing briefings/presentations to customers.