Budget Analyst - Ft. Meade, MD
Ft. Meade, Maryland
Job ID: 3503
CALIBRE Systems Inc., an employee-owned Management Consulting and Digital Transformation company, is seeking a Budget Analyst to provide assistance within the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) to perform budget functions involving the formulation, justification and execution of budgets for organizations, programs or projects. Develop detailed programming and financial planning justification and documentation for inclusion in the Program Objectives Memorandum (POM) and Five Year Defense Program (FYDP) submissions. Analyze trend and developments in DISA’s planning, programming, budget and execution process concerning appropriations, funding priorities and workload management which supports overall program operations.
This support includes, but is not limited to:
- Assist in the development of detailed programming and financial planning justification and documentation.
- Analyze trend and developments in DISA’s planning, programming, budget and execution process concerning appropriations, funding priorities and workload management which supports overall program operations in order to provide budgetary information.
- Organize budget data according to appropriation account, object class, and line item code.
- Review estimates to assure that amounts requested are within established guidelines.
- Research, compile, verify, and summarize data involving operating expenses, as they relate to object class and line item information.
- Enter budgetary information in a variety of automated financial systems, develop reports and schedules using Microsoft applications, DoD and DISA automated systems.
- Attend budget briefings and conferences and assist in answering questions to justify and defend budget estimates, program and resource requirements, and appropriation requests.
- Active SECRET security clearance required.
- Certified Defense Financial Manager or equivalent is required.
- Proficient skills in MS Office applications.
- Working knowledge of DOD PPBE processes.
- Bachelor's degree in related field.
- Minimum 4 years related budget experience in DoD (related experience in other organizations will be considered).